Aaron had his first real field trip today! (Mommy went along as a chaperone.) It turned out to be a very fun day. In addition to seeing longhorns, ostriches, pigs, goats, sheep, and all sorts of other animals, we went on a hayride and watched a cow hooked up to a milking machine. The farm is owned by a former teacher/principal and it is geared towards teaching kids about agriculture and wildlife. So, they have lots of wild animals that were rescued but can no longer live in the wild. We saw snakes, a bobcat, hawks and turtles (among other things).
It was very interesting being a chaperone for the trip. This was my first experience doing that. Luckily, I only had to keep track of four kids! There were 9 kindergarten classes on the trip (from our school alone!) and at least 5 or 6 parents for each class. (And by the way, I included the school bus picture on there because that might have been the highlight of the trip for Aaron. We ride our bike to school and he was pretty excited about that bus!)
This week is also teacher appreciation week at Aaron's school and after this field trip I REALLY appreciate all the hard work teachers do. (Not that I didn't already!)
1 comment:
I always harass you to post and then I never comment. These kids look huge! I'm used to the 2-year-old model.
Post a Comment