Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mia's Thanksgiving Musings

My friend Allison issued a call for blog posts of hand turkeys. In response, here is my entry, submitted by Mia. Isn't it cute? She did it at school.

Her teachers also asked the kids some questions about Thanksgiving - you know, basic questions like, "What do you like to eat on Thanksgiving?" Well, Mia has some interesting ideas about Thanksgiving. See below: (click on it to see it larger)

Just in case you can't read it, when asked how her mom cooks the turkey she responded, "She makes it dead and she cooks it and brings it to the table and I eat it." (Her teacher told me that's exactly what she said, word for word. I laughed out loud for real when I read that. At first I was thinking - Wow Mia thinks we live on a farm or something! But then I remembered that I get the turkey from "the turkey store". Well, a turkey store that sells live turkeys? Which I then kill and cook?

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everybody...however you cook your turkeys!

Oh and one more thing...Mia never eats her corn.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Ha! That is too funny. Nice hand turkey.

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3 wild ones said...

lol super cute!

Well now u have her promising she will eat her corn hehe

Halli Matheny said...

That is HILARIOUS! Remind me not to send my kids to your house while you are "preparing" Thanksgiving dinner! :) It may be way too tramatic for our little animal lovers! She is so cute. I love other people's kids at that age! :)
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!