Friday, February 6, 2009

REAL Snow!

I know that some of you reading this blog live in places that have been getting TONS of snow. Some of you might even be getting a little bit sick of it! However. Our kiddos have FINALLY gotten to see what REAL snow looks like! And they've gotten to walk on it, play in it and ski on it! Yay!

Our school district has three teacher work days in a row (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) the first week of February every year so we decided to take the kids to Colorado to see some snow! We went to Durango, Colorado and it was a blast. Aaron and Mia each took a full day ski lesson and then James and I took them out on the bunny slopes the second day to practice. They did great - even better than I expected. Considering that I am kind of a nervous skier I thought they would be the same way, but I forgot that kids really don't have any fear - heh.

It's a 14 hour drive from Austin to Durango, but definitely worth it. I hope we can go often enough that they get more practice. Now, I will dig through my photos (I took over 300!) and post a few!

No comments: