


I took these photos from my backyard right before the storms hit last night. We had been under a tornado watch all day, and then it turned into a warning around the kids bedtime last night. We had lots of lightning, thunder and some small hail. I think we got a little over an inch of rain (yay!) but luckily that was it. There was a suspected tornado in Cedar Park and a confirmed tornado at 183/Anderson Mill. Some lightning hit a house in Avery Ranch and caused a fire (this happened in a few places in Austin). I am glad to hear that nobody was hurt and I have not heard of any major damage.
**note: I took these pictures with my camera accidentally set on the "sports" setting. oops. I also missed some really good cloud pictures because I didn't even think to get my camera until it was almost on top of us! Next time, I'll try earlier.
**2nd note: I just looked at these after I completed this post and they really aren't all that exciting. I need to figure out the settings on my camera so the pictures look more like it real life. They were some pretty impressive looking clouds but that didn't seem to come through in my pictures. oh well!!
1 comment:
What's the "sports" setting?
Also, I think those clouds look creepy. Very foreboding.
Post a Comment