Monday, March 7, 2011

Totally Current, Up to the Minute, Just happened 4 Months Ago Thanksgiving Post

Way back in November James and I went to Paris to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. The actual date of our anniversary is January 7th, but we found it much easier to go over the Thanksgiving holiday since things would be a little slow at work and the kids had the whole week of Thanksgiving off. We had both been to Paris before, but never together, so, we sent to kids to Houston to stay with my parents and headed to France!
View from the top of Notre Dame. Notre Dame is one of my absolute favorite places in Paris!
We rented an apartment right near Rue Cler (close to Les Invalides). Here's a view from our window. I recommend renting an apartment if you are staying in Paris more than a couple of days - not only did we have more space, we had a kitchen and it was all for a very reasonable price!
View from the Pompidou Center! I took this picture to compare it with a picture I already had at home that I took when I was 17 years old and visited my friend Leslie in Paris.
One of Monet's Water Lilies paintings (Musee de l'Orangerie - right by Jardin des Tuileries)
James in the Louvre standing underneath two of the Horses of Marly.
James and I love museums. We visited Musee D'Orsay, Musee de L'Armee, Musee du Louvre, and Musee de l'Orangerie. Plus the Pompidou. We spent the entire day in the Louvre and still weren't able to see everything. Really, we needed more than one day, but now we have a reason to go back!
More Louvre...
Self explanatory, right? By the way, it was very cold while we were there - it even snowed briefly. We were lucky that soon after we left Paris there was a blizzard in Western Europe that certainly would have delayed our flights. Our timing was perfect.
Stained glass in Notre Dame
Notre Dame
More Notre Dame (these pictures are all out of order)
More from the top of Notre Dame
Still at the top...
Inside the stairwell that takes you to the top of Notre Dame. LOTS of stairs! This was actually our first full day in Paris. We arrived in the morning and spent the first day getting our bearings. Since we were staying right around the corner from Rue Cler, we enjoyed a leisurely coffee, got a baguette and a few staples to take back to the apartment (wine, cheese and bread, duh!). The next day was spent walking/taking the Metro to a few different parts of Paris. (Notre Dame, Montmartre, Place de la Concorde, etc.) I really shouldn't have waited four months to post - I am already getting mixed up in the details and what order we did things. But the memories are there...I know we will be back again someday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy to see your paris pictures!--mom