Monday, July 20, 2009

Extra Special Birthday

I'm not usually one to make a big deal out of my birthday. This year, however, James and I planned our first vacation without kids in over five years. (Maybe six?) It just happened to work out that it was the week of my birthday- one of the few weeks this summer that James could take the whole week off.

Anyway, we went to the Big Island of Hawaii and it was fantastic! My friend Allison was thoughtful enough to call my hotel and order some flowers to be sent to my room. This tipped off the hotel that it was my birthday and they had a delicious chocolate/mocha cake waiting for me! It was a perfect ending to a day of kayaking, snorkeling, seeing dolphins and visiting a coffee farm (Kona coffee...yummm).

I'll post more pictures soon!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Thanks for leaking the name of your hotel! Also, they were SO nice to send that cake. I knew they were going to do something but wasn't sure what. I would definitely recommend them just for that!