Aaron told me his favorite thing was playing on the guns (shocking!) with Griffin. The ship is huge and they were able to play on the flight deck and the bridge and all the other parts of the ship. They also got to see a movie about flight and eat their meals on the carrier. Lights out (with Taps) was at 11:30pm and James reported that Aaron fell asleep immediately after. They slept on the bunks that the sailors would have slept on back in WWII. James didn't get any pictures of the sleeping quarters though.
They woke up to Reveille bright and early and were home Sunday morning around noon. Aaron was exhausted! He even took a nap that afternoon, which he NEVER does anymore.
All in all they had a really good time!
2 comments:
That sounds so cool! Great that they got to do that.
That was a very special experience! I've been to USS Lexington once. I walked around the carrier. But I couldn't stay in it overnight.
Post a Comment