Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whale Watching


It was rainy and cold on our last day in Homer, so we decided to take Aaron whale watching! It was going to be a NINE hour boat ride so we left Mia with my parents and they took her to some museums and lunch...plus she got a nap. That worked out better for everyone - no way would Mia have had any fun sitting on a boat for that long. It was only a 65 foot boat, too; not much room to wander.

We spotted three whales, but only saw one up close. It is not easy to get a good picture of a whale when you are on a rocking boat, but I did get one snapshot of its tail! (It was a humpback.) We got to see him spout lots of times and dive three or four times. This really wasn't the best time in the season for whale watching so I'm glad we at least saw that. We went whale watching in Hawaii once and saw NO whales (also not peak season) so this was an improvement!

**Note: I feel very silly, but I just realized I could make the pictures BIGGER on my blog by clicking one button. Duh. I wish I had made the pictures bigger on my previous posts, but no way am I going back and changing it now!!! At least I can click on them if I want to see them larger...live and learn...

No comments: